Painting Preparation Guidelines
- Clean Barrel with soapy water (or vinegar and water with 1:1 ratio) and rinse to remove grime
- Use sandpaper to scruff off outside of barrel. Sand until the surface becomes dull
- Clean barrel with water to remove the dust from sanding. Let it dry (can use towel or air dry).
- Apply plastic primer (ex. Krylon Fusion and Rust-Oleum plastic spray paint). You will probably need two cans to coat the entire barrel.
- Apply acrylic paint gently.
- After paint is applied, allow at least 48 hours of drying time before applying clear coat.