Online Resources for Water Education
Be a WATER STAR DETECTIVE and catch all the water wasters by playing this fun online game.
Get the family together and enjoy activities to stay safer at home through West Basin’s Water Wonders.
View educational videos about our water resources and recycled water, offered by West Basin partners from the Southern California Water Coalition and the Metropolitan Water District.
West Basin Municipal Water District’s Pre-Tour and Post-Tour Lesson Plans
To support an extensive water education program, West Basin is offering a free curriculum for 3rd-5th grade teachers to support classroom engagement before and after your water recycling facility tour. Lesson plans are intended to be hands-on, can be adapted to support any grade level, and supports the state’s current Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Introduction and Pre-Tour Lesson Plan
- Pre-Tour Supply List
- Pre-Tour – Day 1 Water Fact Sheet
- Pre-Tour – Day 2 Water Engineers
- Water Jeopardy
- Jeopardy Answer Sheet
More Games & Resources
- California Department of Water Resources K-12 Water Education
- Environmental Protection Agency – Water Sense
- US Geological Survey – Water Science School
- NASA – The Water Cycle
- Think Earth
- Earth Echo International – Water by Design